The other part of my trip that I didn't comment on before was a couple of days in Douglas with Carol Ann and Jim, Camille, Tyler, and Spencer, Lila, and Miriam. Other than spending most of my only full day there sick, I really enjoyed the visit. It was my first opportunity to see Miriam, and a chance to get to know Lila a little better, not to mention visiting with the Youngs. We joked about "shopping" in Douglas, but I did buy my obligatory article of clothing from Pamida. Sometimes it's really fun to shop in a little place. I have found things in little stores in little towns that I would never find in the megastores where I usually shop.
Miriam is a delightful baby. The funnest thing was watching her eat bananas. She was introduced to them for the first time in Douglas. She seemed to eat them fine, but with nearly every bite she gave a very pronounce shudder, as if it was very unpleasant. Everyone assumed that she didn't like them because of her reaction--but I wasn't convinced. Anyway, it was fascinating to watch.
I had a really good time, but unfortunately I failed to take any pictures while in Douglas. I guess you're just going to have to use your imagination, or go to Lila's website for a picture of Miriam.
All in all, I had a really nice Christmas break. I got to spend time with a lot of family, which I always enjoy, and celebrated the sacred and secular events that are what the season is about. Thank you all for the gifts and visits.
December
8 years ago
Glad you had a good trip all in all. Thanks for sharing some of the fun times.
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun, except for the getting sick part.
ReplyDeleteAfter you left, I realized I hadn't gotten a picture of you and Miriam. I have been kicking myself since. We'll just have to get together again.
ReplyDelete