Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

I welcomed in the New Year with Lilit and Michael and David and some of their friends. We played games and had goodies, and toasted the new year at midnight. It was fun, but I didn't actually take any pictures of the festivities that night. However, Lilit has sent me several pictures of her family's celebration in Armenia, and I think I'll post some of those pictures.

This is Lilit's mother, Asly, and her sister/niece, Siran.

Lilit's Mother and her Aunt, Armine (say each syllable).

Asya, Lilit's sister.



Ara, Lilit's nephew/brother. (Cousins are consider the same as siblings in Armenia, so Siran and Ara are what we would call cousins but they refer to as brother and sister.)

I think these pictures are very whimsical and solemn, and befit the welcoming of the new year with all it's promise and problems. Hope you all have a happy and prosperous year!!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to tell Asya that her pictures are all over the internet and give her your blog address, that should be fun. Thanks for sharing these pictures on the blog.

    ReplyDelete