Thursday, July 2, 2009

Eastern Vacation

Okay, I guess it's finally time I do some posts again. It's been about 3 weeks since we returned from this trip, and I have simply not posted anything--too much going on in my life, I guess. Anyway, some of this may be redundant, since both Lila and Desirae posted about our trip to Hancock, Mass. and the surrounding area. However, I have a few pictures that may be unique that I'll share.

Lila and Desirae both posted about their hike to Bash Bish Falls--well, I didn't make the trek, but I did take these two pictures of the lush vegetation in the area and some tree stumps that were, I thought, quite interesting looking. I'm not sure why they look this way, but . . .



Our last day we went to Bennington, Vermont. I think I once saw a documentary on public television about the painted moose (plural) all over this town. They were everywhere, and I got pictures of several, as seen below. Maybe the pictures will give you some idea of the variety of these painted moose replicas.






Bennington is known for several things, but perhaps the one I found most interesting was that the most expensive private college in the U.S. is Bennington College. A number of famous people have attended Bennington College, including some presidents and/or their wives, famous athletes, etc. Apparently, there is nearly a one-to-one correspondence between faculty and students, which may explain why it is so expensive. Don't know about the academic rigor, however. This is a picture of one of the main buildings on the campus. It didn't seem very impressive for being such an expensive place.


Finally, I couldn't resist snapping a picture of some missionaries in downtown Bennington.

1 comment:

  1. haha loved the colored moose (plural) and the picture of missionaries! What a highlight!!!

    ReplyDelete