Quite a jumble of things, I know. Relative to the first three, I'm recovering from the surgeries and injury. Hopefully before too much longer I'll be back to as normal as one can expect to be at my age. Also, I'm enjoying not having the pressure of a job for a little while. I don't currently have another job, but am confident that something is in the offing. As things develop, I'll provide updates.
Relative to the weather, I had the good fortune to have some friends from my Ward come and plant flowers and garden for me this year, and thanks to a very unusually wet spring and early summer, I have not had to do anything else but watch them grow. These same friends came and did some weeding while I was on vacation (see previous post) and that is all that has been done. See pictures below to show how my garden grows.
Finally, I had what I assume will be the last element of this year's birthday celebration today with Lynda. She had promised me a pedicure, and we went today to have it done. It was really a unique and pleasant experience, and my feet feel better than they have in some time. No more excuses not to walk--oh, except that I still have a significant swollen bulge on my left leg that makes it a little difficult to walk for long periods of time (sigh!!). Onward and upward.
Oh Barby, you finally experienced what heaven is like!!! Pedicure is one of my favorite girly things to do. I was hoping I would be there when you went first to see your reaction, but this post will do! I am glad you liked it!! Thank you Lynda!
ReplyDeletePedicures are nice! Your garden looks great. Hopefully things will work out well with the job situation.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the job and oh I do love pedicures. As a matter of fact so does Mike!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad we did the pedicures--I love my clear polish! Your garden is great, and I am anxious to try one next year. However, the moisture this year is going to be hard to beat.
ReplyDelete