Sunday, April 12, 2009

HAPPY EASTER

Happy Easter, everyone!! I have had a very nice Easter day, including Stake Conference this morning, time this afternoon to watch the movie The Ten Commandments, and then a delightful dinner and visit at Kathy's with all of her family (except some of the sons-in-law). It was preceded yesterday by a fun time with other extended family in an Easter Egg Hunt, games, lunch, and crafts. I thought I would share some pictures, movies, and fun happenings from these activities.

First, the little girls--that is, Katie, Hannah, and Megan--were having fun outside with pavement chalk. They focused on showing the plethora of loving couples in the Carter family right now. Their inventive spelling is delightful!! Keep in mind that these kids range in age from 3 to not quite 5, so I think they did exceptionally well!!


First, we have Scott and Mary Ann--notice the lovely spelling of the names and the delightful pictures that go with them. (Sot and Merean)


Next, we have Sandy and Jacob, who were here for a very quick weekend trip. (Sad--how do you do a backward S on the computer?--and Jacup)


This is Diana and Sam. . . (Dianu and Sam--again, backward S)


and last but not least, we have Darin and Karen. (Dern and Karen)

Another delightful part of the evening was playing a couple of games. The kids had fun interacting with each other and with their cousins. Some pictures showing the fun . . .

Josh, Matt, and Aubrey . . .
and Jeremiah and Lynda, having a great time playing Apples to Apples.


Aubrey also delighted us with making a "bridge"--something she learned from watching her big sister, Katie, doing her gymnastics. Aubrey is quite expert at responding to requests to make her "bridge."


I couldn't resist this charming picture of mother and daughter enjoying some comforting time together (MaryAnn and Lauren).

Finally, we were all delighted by stories of Meganspeak. For example, she blithely informed her grandmother that she didn't have her snissors from home, but that maybe grandma's snissors might work. She enjoys lemelade, but asked her mother this evening if she could have some scotch. When MaryAnn asked for clarification, she said "I need some scotch." MaryAnn finally figured out that she was asking for the chalk (see pictures above) to play with outside. She also has a little doll with a ponik (translation--bonnet). Did I forget any, MaryAnn?

The evening concluded with a several performances just before bedtime. I wasn't able to capture all of them, but here's a sampling.









Hope you've enjoyed the evening as much as I did!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I was able to see the art work on the sidewalk before leaving but it also looks like I missed a whole lot of Carter Easter goodness. I was sad to leave. Thanks for the photos and the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some wonderful family times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great pictures. Those kids sure are cute. I too enjoyed the get together, it is always fun to have family in town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. It's like watching an old Christmas movie.

    ReplyDelete