Thursday, April 16, 2009

SPRING!!

This is not another commentary on the strangeness of this particular Spring in Utah, but I couldn't resist taking some pictures this morning. We got anywhere from 6-10 inches of snow overnight, and it was gorgeous this morning.




On a sadder note, however, the snow was so heavy that it broke tree branches all over the place--especially the trees that had blossoms on them. I was sad to hear saws going all morning and afternoon as they took care of the trees that broke. Ahhh, Spring.

5 comments:

  1. We got 9 1/2 inches on our deck, with picture proof. It was very beautiful indeed, except for the pile of snow on my car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I looked out the window and what did I see? It really looked like popcorn popping on whatever kind of tree that is in our backyard. I too was going to post my picture but now I won't. You beat me to it. And your top picture is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I was at Jared's I should have gotten a picture of the popcorn popping on the apricot tree for all the South Texans who have no clue about apricot trees. Now there is probably only the icy kind of pop corn.

    I agree with Julie that the first picture is gorgeous.

    Sorry about your late snow storm. The latest snow storm I remember in Wisconsin was April 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang! I hope we didn't get that much snow in Summit. I was really hoping for some cherries this year. That is impressive for this late in the year. Pretty pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor tree. I'm ready for the snow to melt for good. Winter just drags on around here.

    ReplyDelete