
I've finally reached a temporary end to my house upheaval. The final installment is the painting of the kitchen cabinets and a few other details. (However, I do have plans for a little more work when I've accumulated enough money again and have a little better idea of what my future might be.)

One of the features is the addition of a little trim at the bottom of my cupboards to hide the recessed lighting that I put up awhile ago.


It's a little easier to see how the new paint color goes with the wall color in these pictures. The artificial lighting kind of washes out the wall color where it is lighter.

We also put a little trim around the tile edges, which gives it a little more finished look.


This last picture is of the kitchen with just the recessed lighting--main light is off. I love the recessed lighting. It gives the room a much warmer feel. Anyway, hope you enjoy, and that this will motivate some of you to come and see it all in person. The pictures really don't do it justice.
Looks good Barbara.
ReplyDeleteJanet and I are coming. We're leaving Friday April 3. WE've got tickets for the Sunday morning session of Conference. Other than that our plans are pretty sketchy at this point.
Looks great! I'm anxious to see it in person. It appears to really brighten up the kitchen. I guess we made it through Friday the 13th in pretty good shape. And I'm going to try to forget tomorrow is Valentine's Day.
ReplyDeleteLooks good. Are the wall cabinets a different color than the base cabinets? They look different in the picures.
ReplyDeleteWow, I didn't even recognize the kitchen at first. We will be out in April also, so should be able to see the house then.
ReplyDeleteThat's it. I MUST have white cabinets. They look amazing, I can't wait to come see for myself.
ReplyDeleteIt is gorgeous~!
ReplyDeleteI like it. The white cabinets and under-cab lights really brighten up the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteLove it!! Looks very nice. Can't wait to see it in person!
ReplyDeleteLooks fantastic. Now I really want to hurry and paint ours. It's only been 3 years since I dropped the idea on Mike. He's starting to warm up to it. :)
ReplyDelete