Thursday, January 29, 2009

Finally . . .

the long-awaited pictures of my downstairs kitchen/laundry room that has been undergoing a complete transformation. Today it was finally finished. Probably most of you won't appreciate quite how dramatic the transformation is since you didn't likely spend much time in it. However, Shannon and Janet may remember the room quite vividly, as will Lilit and Michael. Actually any of the rest of you who've stayed with me for any length of time may have used this room somewhat extensively. Anyway, here it is!!!









It seems incredibly bigger than it used to, as Lynda, it's designer, intended and anticipated. It is really a dramatic transformation. As Suzanne commented, now the big challenge is getting things sorted through and put back. I've been sorting all along and have contributed significantly to D.I. these last few months. I do still have some putting away to do, but it is mostly done--and now there is actually a place to put things.

9 comments:

  1. What a diference!!!!!!!!! That room has gone from a cobbled together, multifunctional room to a very attractive and functional room. Lynda did a great job of maximizing space. I like the idea of having the washer and dryer near the entrance - much more efficient. Everyone who contributed to the transformation has done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pictures. I can't wait to see it in person. You were up late! But so was I last night. There is still a lot of snow in Summit this weekend. The painted cabinets look awesome in the picture--I guess it was worth all those coats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look nice and very different. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i so love it!!! it looks beautiful and spacious compared to what it was like before.... wow...
    i do have a question... what is the little door to just above the oven in the last picture...?
    lilit

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a pretty amazing transformation. I spent quite a lot of time in that room in the days when I was staying with Grandma. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great. Nice looking and functional--good combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do have many memories of that room--it looks much nicer now :) Y'all have done a great job with the remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice!!! Quite the transformation. Would be interesting to see the before pics right next to the now pics. :) All I really remember is green from before!

    ReplyDelete