In answer to the kitchen questions generated by Lynda's comment, she is referring to my now kitchen/laundry room downstairs. I wanted to move my stove down there when I got a new one for upstairs, and I was also planning to get a new washer and dryer. It seemed prudent to redo the room so I could accommodate the new things, so it has undergone a full transformation. It is still in process, however. Painting the cabinet doors for the built-in cabinets that were the only things that remained is taking an inordinate amount of time, and paint. They are requiring 5 coats of paint to cover the wood and look really white. I am going to do the five coats on the other side of the doors tomorrow so that Mike can put them up on Monday and thus have the room finished--hopefully. By the way, this is the room with the infamous $20 floor!! Pictures still to come.
Five coats!!!! Did you use a primer? Wow! Well, no wonder it is taking so long. Who would have guessed that would be the hard part. Have a good weekend. I am planning a kitchen remodel which I can't afford and hoping to buy beadboard for my master bathroom.
ReplyDeleteYes, they were primed first. Hard to believe, I know.
ReplyDeleteBARBY!! This is the 3d picture-less post you are making... ugh... I am so impatient I want to see the "kitchen" already!
ReplyDeleteFive coats is a lot of paint - and patience. I wasn't happy about having to give our French doors a second coat of paint. And that was white over white. Hopefully by now the room is finished with the remodel work. Now comes another big task - putting everything that belongs in there back in. Good Luck
ReplyDelete