Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shoulder Update

So, I just got back from the doctor. My shoulder is doing well, and I am ready to start PT to rehab it. The doctor was quite optimistic that I can regain near normal use of the shoulder eventually, with some work. However, I had him x-ray the left shoulder and it has arthritis damage similar to the right one and may also have a rotator cuff tear. Without an MRI or scope, he can't tell specifically what the rotator cuff situation is, but he said it needs to be scoped in any case. I may also have damage on my knees and need them scoped as well, also due primarily to arthritis. Fun times!!! However, it is apparently a fairly quick recovery from just a scope, so it is probably worth it. So, there you have it.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear that the shoulder that was operated on has a good prognosis. Hopefully all of your other joints will not require surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Near normal use sounds hopeful! Hope PT goes really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we can be partners in arthritic repair, I guess. It was fun spending the week, and I'm glad you turned it into somewhat of a vacation, too.

    ReplyDelete