Sunday, February 6, 2011

Expressing Thanks!!

The only way I could think of to reach all of you to express my gratitude for your great generosity is through my blog.

I was absolutely shocked Friday evening when my doorbell rang and I went to find Jacob at my door. I was even more shocked when he came in bearing a large box that turned out to be a NEW TV!!!


He also brought a lovely card with the following clever message, thanks to Tyler:



Dear Barbara:

Following a year of surgeries and the resolution of a number of health concerns, that was a tough break (pun intended). As it turns out, even "Bionic Barbara" still has a few weaknesses. Its hard to guess how challenging this ordeal has been. You alone have a full realization of all the difficulties endured during this past month, and there are still months of recovery ahead of you. Sure, a few of us have had broken bones, but not like that. Not at your age. Not without help surrounding us. We've been wanting to help, but feeling so helpless. Some of us are better than others at helping people heal, but aside from prayers, none of us can do much for that broken leg of yours. We've definitely been thinking of you, praying for you, hoping for a speedy recovery. But we wanted to do more. It isn't much, but it's . . . well . . . something. Just a little something to let you know that we've been thinking of you.

From what we understand, you've had a few things break recently. The TV's an easier fix. Hopefully this will help the upcoming months pass a little more quickly.

Love,
Your Nieces and Nephews



This was enclosed in a lovely card which Jacob picked out. I thought you all might appreciate seeing the message that came with the gift.

How can I express my gratitude for your generosity and thoughtfulness!!??! I am so overwhelmed. I love you all so much, and so appreciate your thoughts and well-wishes.

There are a few adjustments yet to be made, as the old, fickle Sony is so monstrous it cannot be moved by fewer than two or three men. But below is a picture of the picture. Though I don't have my cable broadcast in HD, the picture is still very good and I am so enjoying it.


Thank you SO MUCH!!

3 comments:

  1. You deserve a good surprise! I hope you enjoy it. You're right, that Tyler is a clever kid. I'm grateful he knew something we could do to help brighten your day. I hope the recovery is going well and we send lots of hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks also to Tyler for thinking up the idea and getting so many on board. Glad it brightened your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gesture from those who love you!

    ReplyDelete